snap looks strange

Author
Robert Nilsson
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!

How come that it look like this when a draw a rectangle and use the snap function?

The drawing show clearly that the rectangle is not to the snap points.

I can also see this when i transfer documents .S01 files between computers, for instances a make the major drawing at the office and out in the field on the same drawing i make som adjustments and it shows up like this also

Best regards Robert

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

Attachments
snap issue.doc (394 views, 111.00 KB)
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Robert,

Although we can see the problem in your .doc file, we cannot reproduce the issue.  Can you check that you are using the latest version of Stardraw AV?

If the problem persists, please zip up and post the .S01 file, or email it to techsupport@stardraw.com

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Robert Nilsson
Robert Nilsson
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Rob!

Yes we are using the latest version of Stardraw. It was one of my employees that had this problem with the snap. I think he made a rectangle and then resized it to fit a specific dimension. can this be the matter?

I'll will have a look at further issues when transfering documents between computers, just a question, is it the documents settings or the programs settings that desides how the grid is?

Best regards

Robert

Robert Nilsson

DAT AB

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Robert,

Yes, this would explain it.  When the original rectangle is drawn it will sit on the grid, but if you resize it using its properties sheet or through the command line, then the center point remains stationary and the corners will be pushed off the grid, unless of course the change is an increment of exactly 2x grid size.

Grid settings are stored in the document, not the application.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...