Cable Schedule

Author
HPF
Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

when I generate a cable schedule from a block diagram all I get are the label numbers CS_Start_Label and CS_End_Label. The rest of the spreadsheet is not populated. All other fields are empty in my Cable properties tab, but I assumed that information would be pulled in when it compiles the data into the spreadsheet, e.g. take the device and its output where it originates, and adds this into the spreadsheet?

Please advise, thanks

HP

Thanks & Best Regards

Hanspeter Frick

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Hanspeter,

The Cable Schedule report exposes attributes that are contained and set within Cable and Dogleg objects.

The Cable + Connection Schedule report exposes a subset of attributes in Cables and Doglegs and some attributes from the symbols to which they are connected.

Report templates are supplied as 'suggestions' and you can modify templates to contain as many or as few attributes as you want - see the FAQ Can I Customize a Report

Note that Stardraw allows Cables and Doglegs to expose Attributes of the symbols to which they are connected, e.g. if a Cable is connected between two symbols that have a "Room" attribute, the connection schedule report can show "From Room" and "To Room".

Note also that connected ports ARE NOT reported on automatically.  The port name should be added to the Cable/Dogleg, e.g. in the CS_From or CS_To attributes. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

HPF
HPF
Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)Supreme Being (5.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Rob

just to make sure I understand correctly; the attributes used to generate the cable schedule are solely the ones contained in the cables (dog leg or cable) property tab, and takes no reference to what it is connected? So if I wanted to have a To and From I need to add that manually to the attributes for each cable in the properties tab, or just do it in Excel?

So all Stardraw reports is a list of the cable labels, plus if I have added other attributes manually and purse for them. I had hoped it would actually generate this for me as it knows to what each cable is connected. Is there no way to automate this a bit further?

Thanks & Best Regards

Hanspeter Frick

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Hanspeter,

Yes, the Cable Schedule report exposes attributes from Cables/Doglegs only.  It is the Cable + Connection Schedule report that exposes attributes from cables/doglegs and the symbols they connect.

Reports can expose any attributes, but since by default only Manufacturer, Model Number and Description values are populated, the Cable + Connection Schedule can only populate, by default, the Manufacturer, Model Number and Description values of the products that each cable/dogleg is connecting.  Other values must of course be entered by the user: if you want to get data out, you have to put that data in.

So, in summary, a report can include values from any Attributes stored in cables and/or doglegs and the values of any Attributes stored in the symbols they connect to and from. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...