Multiview Rack Symbol Creation

Author
alsspot
Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)Supreme Being (289 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am trying to create a rack layout from a number of block symbols I have created. I need to create Rack symbols consisting of front, rear and side views.

I can create a single front view with no problems, how do I add depth and rear detail?

Many thanks
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

The easiest way to create your own rack symbols is to use pre-drawn parts from the Generic Components library.

I would start with a rackmount unit with the closest depth to that required i.e. the 2U 300mm Depth. You can then quite easily modify the side view depth to that which you require.

Rackmount units can be found in the libraries under Racks\Generic Components\Rackmount Units\.

The generic components library also contains many other pre drawn parts such as knobs, buttons and connectors etc. for both the front and rear rack views and they are designed to make it quick and easy for you to create your own rack symbols by simply dragging these parts onto their corrisponding views.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Kevin Harrison

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...