snap function in block diagram

Author
HPF
Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)Supreme Being (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

Please explain how exactly the snap function works. I am doing the folllowing, without achieving the desired results:

- start a new block diagram, and use default grid (document properties 0,003m and 1 snap to grid).

- place a symbol (BSS Soundweb Blu -anyone will do), and add input cards. This is fine, and aligns with the grid.

- add output cards, and the wiring stubs/text does not align with the red border of the BSS, but it snaps to either the left or right side of the red border

If I turn snap to grid off and try to move the output card symbol it still snaps to the grid.

If I turn snap off, and unlock I can re-size the red box of the BSS unit, to match the 'snap position' of the output card. But this does leave all the logic output stubs, etc which are parts of the BSS symbol out of alignment. If I try to move them to bring into alignment with the new red box they will snap to the grid, even when the function is turned off.

The only way I seem to be able to get this right is by copying the logic output stubs to use them as audio outputs, renaming them and changing the layer they are on. But this defeats the purpose as it stuffs up the BOM,etc. And it probably induces other effects I am unaware off.

Thanks

Thanks & Best Regards

Hanspeter Frick

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...