Linn SES8 Block

Author
Nathan CBA
Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)Supreme Being (269 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have just noticed that the Linn RER16 has inputs labeled as

Audio I/P left 1-8,

Audio I/P 1-8,

Remote 1-8,

Audio I/P left 9-16,

Audio I/P 9-16

& Remote 9-16.

These are the ribbon cables that go between the RER16 and the SES8, but the SES8 does not have the outputs to match. There should only be outputs 1-8 per SES8, the 9-16 inputs are for using more than one SES8.

Nathan Hawksworth.

Chris Brooks Audio.

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Nathan,

Thank you for reporting this.

We’re looking into the issues you’ve raised with the SES8 and RER16 block schematic symbols and have contacted Linn and asked them if they can provide us with legible images or drawings of the rear connection panels so that we can verify their input and output labels.

Once we have this information we can check the symbols and update them as necessary.

In the mean time if you possess any datasheets, manuals or images of the rear connection panels for either of these products that you can send us, please email them to us at symbols@stardraw.com  as this could well help speed things along.

Regards

Kevin Harrison

Stardraw.com

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Nathan,

We’ve now heard back from Linn and have been able to check the input/output labels of the block schematic symbols for the RER16 and SES8.

I can confirm that the current symbols are correct. The input/ouput labels in the symbols correspond to the connection labels as illustrated in the datasheet we have been supplied for both models.

If you need something different, you can edit existing symbols - if for example if you need to change the input/output labels of a block symbol.   For more information on editing symbols please use this link.

You can also create your own block schematic symbols using the Symbol Wizard which is available from the Tools menu in the block schematic environment.  The Symbol Wizard allows you to create a standardized block symbol with as many input/output ports as you require, all of which can have any label you specify. For more information on the Symbol Wizard please click here.

I hope this helps,

Regards

Kevin Harrison
Stardraw.com

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...