Naming and Saving a new symbol

Author
redii
Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)Supreme Being (494 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Two things are stopping my production completely here: naming and saving a symbol

Naming Symbol: I have modified a symbol in my current drawing. I am following the help menu doc "Symbols". Stuck on "Naming the Document". The help docs say "Use the Dimensions Page of the Document Properties Sheet to set the Document Name." I can find no facility under any tab which exists within Document Properties that would allow naming this symbol...certainly not under the Dimensions tab.

Saving Symbol: I understand the syntax requirements to save the symbol but I cannot find anywhere in the help menu or software menus where I can actually execute the save. I'm assuming this is like wblock'ing in autocad. I'm missing something easy here I'm sure.

Please help...I REALLY want to try to make this work but my deadline is tomorrow. I'll have to cut my losses and go back to AutoCAD if I can't get this working by tonight...hours on seemingly ridiculously easy stuff wasted.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...