How do I get fields from the title bock into the Stardraw Reports?

Author
timapplesound
Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The Excel reports have fields named "Project Title:" etc but can I get the values from the title block into these?

I have noticed the Title Block symbol's attribute values are listed in the Report window.

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Tim,

If you look in the report you'll see that these fields have the name "Document_"+[AttributeName], e.g. "Document_Project_Title", "Document_Client" etc.  They take their values from attributes of the document with the corresponding names, thus if you have an attribute stored in the document called Client, its value will appear in the report.

Since a Title Block is a symbol within, and therefore a child of, the document, its values will not appear in the document fields of the report. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

timapplesound
timapplesound
Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)
OK. Is there a way of bringing these together somehow to eliminate double entry?

Currently, the Document Properties don't have the fields that are named in the Reports - can this be remedied?

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
The simple answer is no.  This is because it's an architectural thing:  the top level of the structure is the document which contains document-level attributes, and these populate the fields in question.  Beneath the document are symbols which contain symbol-level attributes, and these populate the body of reports (and the Report view in Stardraw).

I know this is isn't the answer you were hoping for but it is the nature of the document architecture and cannot easily be changed.

[EDIT] You can add the document attribute names to the .S01 templates so that at least you don't have to create them for each document you create, but there is no way to merge the document-level attributes and the symbol-level attributes contained in the Title Block [/EDIT]

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

timapplesound
timapplesound
OK. Understand more about structure now. I have now customised my S01 templates' layers and attributes (and grid in the pictorial too!).

Thanks

Tim

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...