Blank panel more then 8RU???

Author
Fredbergy
Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

i'm a new owner of stardraw and search for more then 8RU blank panel in panel/generic hardware/blank.

Is that kind of panel exist? (10RU,12RU,14RU,16RU,18RU,20RU and other.....)

Thanks a lot ahead of time!

Regard,

Fred

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Fred,

These sizes of panels do not currently exist in the libraries.  If you ever find that a product that you need is missing from the Symbols Library, please notify us using the online Request Symbols service: go to http://www.stardraw.com/products/stardrawav/ and click on the link on the left to Request Symbols.  There, select the library that the symbol should appear in - this allows you to check if the product already exists - and if it is not listed click on the link at the bottom of the page to "Add a New Product Request".

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Fredbergy
Fredbergy
Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)Supreme Being (5.2K reputation)
ok. How it work when someone ask for a new symbol?

How long it can take to have it?

Regard,

Fred

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
There is no simple answer to this - turnaround time depends on many factors, most of which are out of our control.

When we get a symbol request we search manufacturers' website for appropriate data and/or contact the manufacturer directly.  Since symbol turnaround time is dependent on the ability and willingness of third parties to provide appropriate data we cannot guarantee a delivery time.  Some manufacturers are very good at supplying data, some are not so good.

Having said that, where we can generate symbol data without third party input we aim for as fast a turnaround as possible which is usually measured in days rather than weeks or months.

For generics, as in this case, turnaround should be pretty quick because generic blank panels are fairly simple.

If your requirement is very urgent - e.g. you need something today (Sunday; we do give our CAD department weekends off!) - you can always edit existing symbols to create your own and for blank panels this would be very easy indeed.  For a new symbol request it would be totally unrealistic to expect delivery before Tuesday.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Fred,

We have now published new panel symbols for 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20U blank panels which can be found in the libraries under Panels\Generic Hardware\Panels\Blank.

If there's anything else you need, please use the Symbols Request service to request them.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Kevin Harrison

Fredbergy
Fredbergy
Hi,

i've see your 10U and other bigger blank panel but they have only 4 screw on it. At that size they need at least 8 screw like the older 8U panel... Even more for the 18U..

It this possible to check that?

They all have been done with only 4 screw... Even the 18U!!!!

Regard,

Fred

Edited 14 Years Ago by Fredbergy
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Fred,

Do you have a particular manufacturer in mind for these blank panels, and can you point us in the direction of a product datasheet or specsheet on their website?

We can then take a look into the quantities and locations of the rack screws and make any changes to the generic symbols as necessary.

Thanks and regards,

Kevin Harrison

Fredbergy
Fredbergy
These are the generic blank panel that you have create a couple month ago... With only four screw four a panel this size will bend... Anyway if you look the 8RU it have 8 screw!!!

Just read all the thread!

It is possible to made change quick as i need them quick? have to done it this week...

Regard,

Fred

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Fred,

Why not simply edit the symbol yourself, then you can have whatever you want, wherever you want, as soon as you want.

Just drag the panel you want into the Library List under My Libraries and name it.  Then doubleclick to edit it.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

Fredbergy
Fredbergy
when i try to import a .dwg in stardraw i've got always a rectangle that come with the symbol (it seem to be the edge of the screen when i import them...)

After in stardraw i can't modify them... Even if i unlock the document..

Also as i use a lot the break and fillet function in autocad to add a feature like that in Stardraw?? When i group connector in panel i use a rectangle (to group audio, power and other connector together) After that i use fillet to add curve to the rectangle and after break the rectangle in the top of it in the center and write the title of the group...

I know that you have a bezier tool but it seem to be useless when you try to make 4 identical curve at each corner.... Like i try to do... And it don't seem to have a break tool...

Any idea??

Fred

Edited 14 Years Ago by Fredbergy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...