Cables: how to keep their colour/line style/layer

Author
Phil Brunton
Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)Supreme Being (205 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'd like to see this feature on a future release. Can keep some consistency with drawings by different users then.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Tim,

Noted, and on the wishlist - thanks

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

timapplesound
timapplesound
Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)
Thanks Rob

Work-around is to draw the next set same of cables, then select the ones you've just drawn (shift+click) and then change the layer/colour/line style.

Suggestion: could there be a function to "adopt a symbol's properties (inc layer/colour/line style)" by keyboard or right-click? This would enable me to adopt properties of a cable (for example) from a symbols key  at the side of a drawing (or an existing cable), then draw with those properties.

Tim

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Tim,

I think the short answer is that there is no 'quick' way.  Stardraw methodology is that the properties you select for the current object (e.g. Layer, Line Color, Line Style) become the default properties of the object you draw next.

Once you have drawn an object you can always change its characteristics using the standard dropdowns for color, style, layer etc and then those become the default for the next object you draw.

Basically, if you select a particular style, color, layer etc, it is the default for all the objects you draw until you select another one.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com

timapplesound
timapplesound
Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)Supreme Being (7K reputation)
Sorry everyone, but back2basics for me:

What's the quick way of setting these properties to the cable/dogleg tools each time I want to draw different cable types in succession?

Currently the last drawn cable's colour/line style/layer remain.

Tim

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...