Network Switches

Author
m.utzman
Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Every switch configuration I have found is wrong. The port number are not sequential down the upper or lower row
Every switch we have every used is odd port number on top and even port numbers on the bottom
Can you please correct this

I either have to rework every switch or tell the new guys to ignore the number because they are wrong

We use a ton of the Netgear AV switches, that would be a great place to start

is there ans easier way to sync up the manufacture minues remving and reinstalling the software.

Why is there not a simple sync manufactures tab
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
m.utzman - 1/19/2024 10:48:49 PM
Every switch configuration I have found is wrong. The port number are not sequential down the upper or lower row
Every switch we have every used is odd port number on top and even port numbers on the bottom
Can you please correct this

I either have to rework every switch or tell the new guys to ignore the number because they are wrong

We use a ton of the Netgear AV switches, that would be a great place to start

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post.

The standard we employ for ports in block schematic symbols for switches generally positions ports in numerical order from top to bottom. Larger symbols (with dozens of ports) will have their ports laid out thusly: Ports 1-24 top to bottom on the left of the symbol, Ports 25-48 top to bottom right. This method makes for a more compact symbol rather than having 48 ports all down one side.

If a specific layout works better for you, I’d suggest creating a User Defined Product (UDP) from a similar symbol we’ve published. With a UDP you can edit, move, and delete ports until you have exactly what you need. See the movie #09 Adding New Products available on our website for more information on creating UDPs.

If, however, we’ve made an error with a port label, or a symbol is missing ports, please let us know exactly which model/s are affected by email to symbols@stardraw.com and we’ll be happy to investigate.

Regarding synchronization, A full manufacturer synch is initiated every time the program runs so there is no need for a manual re-synch. UDPs can be synched manually using the command in the Tools menu.
I hope that answers your questions, thanks again for posting.

Kind Regards
Kevin Harrison

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...