Trial Version Help

Author
Rich Belgie
Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey!

Testing out the trial version of Stardraw to see if it will work for a project.  On the surface it looks great!

Couple things while testing.  If I build a rack and add gear, I can't see the rear panel details like the training videos show.  Also, if I save, then close Stardraw and reopen the file, the gear is in the inventory but I have to build racks again.  Are these bugs or trial version limitations?

Thanks!
Rich

Edited 7 Months Ago by Rich Belgie
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Rich,
Thanks for using the Demo.
It would be helpful if you could email your project file to techsupport@stardraw.com so we can understand exactly what you're seeing. Please include a description of the exact steps you take to reproduce the effects you describe. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rich Belgie
Rich Belgie
Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)Supreme Being (81 reputation)
I figured it out, newb move.  I thought I was opening the previous drawing when I clicked on rack drawing from the home screen.  I was creating new drawings each time, ha ha.

Still curious about the drawing level of detail.  The items are not true to the real product, everything is pretty generic.  I really liked the detail the YouTube videos showed, helps when sharing designs and presenting.

I'll send the file to the email now.  Thanks!
Rich Belgie
Rich Belgie
Sorry, another question.

How long before the new Blackmagic Videohub 80x80 12G router is added?

Thanks
Rich Belgie
Rich Belgie
More questions, ha ha.

I've added and deleted items as I test and learn.  Now my list of equipment has big gaps in ID's.  Is there a way to bulk renumber the items so that there's no gaps?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Rich,

I'm glad you figured out the problem.

To answer your last 2 questions:

Products are added based on user requests.  If a product does not yet exist in the library it's usually because no one has requested it yet.    If (when Smile ) you become a registered user you can request products to be added to the library.  We can't estimate turnaround times before receiving the particular request but on average new products are added within 2 working days of approval of the request.

ID is a system-generated value and you can't re-generate these values within a project.  However, if you copy your drawing and paste into a new, empty Project then the products will be assigned new IDs sequentially, starting at 1.  That said, I'm not sure how you would want to use ID - generally you might set your own identification Attribute which is not based on the chronological order in which products are added to a project, as ID is, but in a fashion that makes sense within the context of the project itself e.g. Spec or Schedule Reference, or [Type]-[Number] etc. 

Your question about rear view detail has been passed to the Symbols Dept and you'll receive a response by email in due course.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rich Belgie
Rich Belgie
Sorry but figuring stuff out, ha ha.

Anyway to bulk patch things?  Aka, router outputs 1-20 to switcher inputs 1-20?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Rich Belgie - 9/17/2023 2:38:17 PM

Hi Rich,

No - connections are drawn individually.  If you don't see it in one of the movies at  https://www.stardraw.com/sd7/movies then it's unlikely to be functionality that's supported.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rich Belgie
Rich Belgie
Rob Robinson - 9/17/2023 2:37:09 PM
Hi Rich,

I'm glad you figured out the problem.

To answer your last 2 questions:

Products are added based on user requests.  If a product does not yet exist in the library it's usually because no one has requested it yet.    If (when Smile ) you become a registered user you can request products to be added to the library.  We can't estimate turnaround times before receiving the particular request but on average new products are added within 2 working days of approval of the request.

ID is a system-generated value and you can't re-generate these values within a project.  However, if you copy your drawing and paste into a new, empty Project then the products will be assigned new IDs sequentially, starting at 1.  That said, I'm not sure how you would want to use ID - generally you might set your own identification Attribute which is not based on the chronological order in which products are added to a project, as ID is, but in a fashion that makes sense within the context of the project itself e.g. Spec or Schedule Reference, or [Type]-[Number] etc. 

Your question about rear view detail has been passed to the Symbols Dept and you'll receive a response by email in due course.

I hope this is helpful.

Very helpful thank you
Rich Belgie
Rich Belgie
Rob Robinson - 9/17/2023 2:49:00 PM
Rich Belgie - 9/17/2023 2:38:17 PM

Hi Rich,

No - connections are drawn individually.  If you don't see it in one of the movies at  https://www.stardraw.com/sd7/movies then it's unlikely to be functionality that's supported.

Thank you, about to revisit the videos.  Trying to get lines to stick to 90 degree angles.  I have one device connected where the lines stay in in 90's, but then added another where they're not 90's but straight point to point.  can't seem to change that.

Also, when likes are in 90's, can they be set to not overlap automatically?  Right now if I move it, the lines all turn at 90 degrees at the same spot and overlap
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...