UDP Saving as A jumbled Mess

Author
R
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I seem to be having the same issue fairly regularly now and hoping someone will be able to give a quick fix.

Once I save a new UDP and try and drag it out of the section, it seems to rearrange the product. Any idea why its doing this? 

Picture attached of the saved item and below after its been saved as a UDP.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Ross,

Thanks for your post.  Judging by the image I assume that the graphics used in your UDP symbol have been imported from a third party source, possibly a DWG file.

My guess is that the DWG contains very large co-ordinate values with very small value differences which is OK for ACAD, which uses a double-precision technique for storing numbers, but might cause issues in SD7 which uses a floating point technique.

If you can email the source DWG to techsupport@stardraw.com we would be happy to investigate if this is the case.  If it is then it's pretty simple to fix (in ACAD) and produce a DWG that will play nicely in a floating point world.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...