Copy or migrate equipment library and UDP to different user account

Author
a
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

Have just started with a small company and all existing Stardraw is on an employee's existing personal account.
We now have a company account and need to migrate (copy) all of his equipment/products/UDPs and templates etc over to the new account.

What is the best way of going about this?
I've had a scrounge around the forums here, but most info I've found is from years ago.

Thanking you,
Alex
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Alex,

The easiest way to make this switch would be simply to update the 'personal' account to use the 'company' details (particularly Email Address and Password).  You would do this by signing into www.stardraw.com using the personal account's email address then go to My Account | My Details to make the changes.

If you intend to change the email address on your account, please ensure that you have released your Stardraw Design 7.3 license before making the change (In Stardraw Design 7.3 choose File | Sign Out to release the license and close the application).

However, if you want to keep both accounts please email techsupport@stardraw.com with the details (i.e. email addresses) of the account that you'd like to have UDPs merged from, and the one you'd like them merged into.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
alexholver
a
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 2/23/2023 9:20:53 AM
Hi Alex,

The easiest way to make this switch would be simply to update the 'personal' account to use the 'company' details (particularly Email Address and Password).  You would do this by signing into www.stardraw.com using the personal account's email address then go to My Account | My Details to make the changes.

If you intend to change the email address on your account, please ensure that you have released your Stardraw Design 7.3 license before making the change (In Stardraw Design 7.3 choose File | Sign Out to release the license and close the application).

However, if you want to keep both accounts please email techsupport@stardraw.com with the details (i.e. email addresses) of the account that you'd like to have UDPs merged from, and the one you'd like them merged into.

Hi Rob,

I had seen that solution, but my concern was what would happen to the ensuing orphaned account.
Will do the support thang.

Cheers,
Alex

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...