Drawing Lines to Specific Dimension and other Questions

Author
a
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm having trouble searching this in the forum or the help files.  I'm demoing the software and trying to learn the basics of using it.  I have a couple of questions about drawing lines on a plan view.

1)Is there a way to draw a line to a specific dimension?  Basically click to start the line then enter a dimension press enter and the line is not a specific length.  It appears the only way to get a specific dimension is to draw a line of any size first, then go to the properties menu and edit it's length. 

2)Is there a way to Snap the end of a new line to the center of an existing line (basically making a perpendicular T shape)?  I can draw out my lines individually, then use the "Align Centers" option, and as long as "Snap to Path" and "Orthogonal Lock" are on I can get this done, but this is quite cumbersome.

3)Is there a visual aid that can be enabled that lets the user know when drawing a line using "Snap to Path" that the start point is in fact snapped to the path? Snap to path seems to work ok, but I have trouble knowing for sure it's snapped where I want it when I start a new line.  AutoCAD uses a green box when you are snapped before you start the new line.

First Impressions:
From what I've seen thus far, StarDraw seems to be more accommodating to importing a PDF or DWG when working with floorplans.  I probably have that information 40% of the time with my projects, the other 60% of the time I'm taking field measurements and drawing a simple floorplan from scratch.  So far this has not been as intuitive as other software that I've used and seems a little tedious comparatively.  Hopefully I'm just missing something.

Thanks for the help.
Edited Last Year by allenp
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...