Vertically Distribution

Author
Y
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I would like to know how the Vertically Distribution works?
It's seems to be the distance between the center of each blocks ?

But when the two blocks aren't the same size (cf : picture) the blocks intertwine with each other.

In my exemple I use 1 QL5 and 2 PROLITE B2791QSU-B1 :
The example 1 is when I create my block schematic,
I would like to have a distribution like the example 2.
But when I use the Vertically Distribution I've got the example 3

Is there a method to avoid this problem ?
Having a vertical distribution based on the distance between the bottom and the top of each block ? (like the example 2)

Thanks a lot
Best Regards

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Yoann,

Yes, Distribute evenly spaces the centerlines of symbols/groups so may not give you the result you desire when those objects are of different sizes in the distribution axis.

However, we don't really recommend using Distribute in Block Schematic drawings because it's much more important that Symbols - and therefore their input and output stubs - are exactly on gridpoints so that Cables will align neatly.

If you Distribute 3 objects then there's only a 1 in 3 chance that the IO stubs will be on the grid after Distributing, and this only gets worse the more objects are Distributed (it's 1/n that the results will be on the grid).

I hope this makes sense.   

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Yoann Jourdren
Y
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 11/7/2022 7:05:47 PM
Hi Yoann,

Yes, Distribute evenly spaces the centerlines of symbols/groups so may not give you the result you desire when those objects are of different sizes in the distribution axis.

However, we don't really recommend using Distribute in Block Schematic drawings because it's much more important that Symbols - and therefore their input and output stubs - are exactly on gridpoints so that Cables will align neatly.

If you Distribute 3 objects then there's only a 1 in 3 chance that the IO stubs will be on the grid after Distributing, and this only gets worse the more objects are Distributed (it's 1/n that the results will be on the grid).

I hope this makes sense.   

That's too bad it doesn't work between the bottom and the top of each block Sad

I used to to a align each block to the symbole origins every times I used the distribution to be sure that the IO stubs is correctly on the grid.

Thanks for the answer
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...