Cable Schedule Column Order

Author
J
Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

Is it possible to set the order in which the attributes appear when I generate a cable schedule?
Because I would like for my projects' cable schedules to always start with the middle label (where I include the cable number) without having to mess around in Excel everytime I work on a project, sometimes more than once.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
JoaoRocha - 10/4/2022 3:26:57 PM
Hello!

Is it possible to set the order in which the attributes appear when I generate a cable schedule?
Because I would like for my projects' cable schedules to always start with the middle label (where I include the cable number) without having to mess around in Excel everytime I work on a project, sometimes more than once.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your post.  I'm sorry to have to tell you that the order of columns in the Cable Schedule cannot be changed prior to output.

One solution might be to create a spreadsheet template that links to the Cable Schedule exported by Stardraw Design 7.3 and which shows the data in the order you want e.g. Column A in your template could link to column AC ( or whichever holds the Middle Label) in the exported Cable Schedule.  One template like this could be used for all future Cable Schedules.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
JoaoRocha
J
Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 10/4/2022 3:33:20 PM

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your post.  I'm sorry to have to tell you that the order of columns in the Cable Schedule cannot be changed prior to output.

One solution might be to create a spreadsheet template that links to the Cable Schedule exported by Stardraw Design 7.3 and which shows the data in the order you want e.g. Column A in your template could link to column AC ( or whichever holds the Middle Label) in the exported Cable Schedule.  One template like this could be used for all future Cable Schedules.

I hope this is helpful.

Hello Rob, thank you for the reply!

I see. That is disappointing.
Regardless, I appreciate the suggested solution and will look into it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...