Print to scale

Author
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi SD Team,

Is there a way to print out at a given scale ?

I have two objectives:

1) print a plan view at a given scale
2) print several areas of a block schematic at the same scale. Because of the auto-fit to page implementation, the Set Print Area behavior doesn't reach my objective. For now, I have a workaround by printing to a PDF, then open it in a PDF viewer to select and print an area after another. Could be more efficient and ergonomic if this can be done within SD7.

Thank you,

Hughes
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Hughes,

Yes, there is a technique you can use to achieve these objectives.

Start a new drawing and insert a Title Block of the output page size e.g. A3.  If you were to print this it would output at a scale of 1:1.

If you want to print your drawing at a given scale e.g. 1:50 then scale up the Title Block by the required factor, in this example 5000%.

When you have the Title Block at the required size for your desired print scale, create the drawing within it, or copy/paste/scale from another drawing.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...