Renaming UDP Manufacturer

Author
J
Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

The project I'm working on has several UDPs I made. Back then these products hadn't been confirmed to be the ones we'd be using, so I named them all under the manufacturer name "Placeholder". But now they have been confirmed and I want to change their manufacturers and model numbers in the UDP wizard.
As far as I know I'm supposed to right-click on the UDP, click on Edit Product, change the manufacturer and model number, delete them from the drawing, and drag in new ones. It works for the model number, but no matter what I do the manufacturer stays set as "Placeholder".

How can I rename those UDPs' manufacturer names to their real names? Is it even possible? What am I doing wrong?
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Hi JoaoRocha,

I did face the same issue. See my post http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic18889.aspx#18929 and answers.

Regards,
Hughes
JoaoRocha
J
Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)Forum Guru (54 reputation)
Hello Hughes,

Thank you for replying! I guess I'll have to right-click on my UDPs, select "Create User Defined Product from Product" and very quickly make a new one with the correct attributes.

Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Hi JoaoRocha,

Yes that's the workaround, but keep in mind that all the values of the UDP attributes (Sale Price, Cost Price, Type, Zone, ...) you v'e entered will not be populated to the new UDP.

Regards,

Hughes
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi JoaoRocha,

We've been investigating the behavior of UDPs and have now fixed the issue that was preventing a change to the Manufacturer name being applied to future instances of the UDP and its symbols.

An update has been published today which respects changes made to the Manufacturer value of UDPs.  For more details see http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic18948.aspx

When you run Stardraw Design 7.3 and see an alert that "Software Updates are Available" please be sure to click on the "Install Updates" button.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
JoaoRocha
J
Hello Rob,

Thank you so much! This will save me, and I'm sure others as well, some work.

Best regards,
JoaoRocha
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...