Feature request: applying attribute labels

Author
p
Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)Supreme Being (162 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'd like to request what I consider a really useful feature.
The ability to apply a text label to all symbols within a drawing, with a chosen attribute.
Use case scenario:
I've created product attributes for IP address, Function and DeviceID. I'd like a function that allows me to auto-generate a text label to every product in a drawing so that their Function, Device and IP shows line by line.
The long way around would be to edit every symbol and add text fields with those text attributes already applied. But we have hundreds/thousands of these and it is not viable.
The previous solution was to create a text field, but this is again not scalable for large drawings, not to mention if you group this text field with a symbol in the drawing, it "destroys" that symbol and is no longer recognised as a product.

Hopefully this makes sense!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...