Cable drawing and Labeling best practices

Author
c
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I imagine this is very basic stuff, but I don't know so I will ask. Just curious if there are some best practices when it comes to drawing the cable runs in the case of large drawings.. ie when there are large groups of cables starting and finished together, is it better to show the many lane highway, or overlap to save space on the drawing ?
When labeling, it there a common standard.. like should you label the start of the line what is connected to, or where it is going ?

Any other noob tips ?
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (430K reputation)
Group: Administrators
cpardy - 3/16/2022 8:04:34 AM
I imagine this is very basic stuff, but I don't know so I will ask. Just curious if there are some best practices when it comes to drawing the cable runs in the case of large drawings.. ie when there are large groups of cables starting and finished together, is it better to show the many lane highway, or overlap to save space on the drawing ?
When labeling, it there a common standard.. like should you label the start of the line what is connected to, or where it is going ?

Any other noob tips ?

Unfortunately, often there are many standards, both across Industries, Countries, Clients and even within a Company so there isn't really a one size fits all solution.
If this is your first time using Stardraw, I would strongly recommend watching each and every video on our movies page: https://www1.stardraw.com/stardraw2/sd7/movies
Each video is just a few minutes long and broken down by topic.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...