Feathers and cablenumbers

Author
e
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a cable, with feathers. I can see in the cableschedule that the cable is conneted through the feathers, but when i enter cablenumbers on the first part of the cable (from the equipment to the first feather) that does not apply to the second part of the cable (the feather to the receiving equipment).
As this is the same cable, i think that's odd.
I even can enter a different set of start and end labels to that second part of the cable. This does not appear on the cabling schedule, but is does on the drawing.

Why can i enter 2 different sets of labels to the same cable?
Why does the 'to-label' appear on the feather, there is no use for that (is my opinion)
Shouldn't the second part of the cable automatically receive the same labels as the first part as this is the same cable?

Greetings,

Erwin van Maasakkers
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (372K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Erwin,

Thanks for your post.  Yes, we are aware that this feature of Cables/Feathers is anomalous and we intend to revise it in a future update, but this will not be for some time because it involves an architectural change to the way Cables are handled.  Thanks in advance for your patience while we work on this and other important new functionality.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...