Extending Racklayout - Component Lock

Author
Felix Vollmer
Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I couldn't find a topic regarding my little challenge.
I want to extend a existing rack from generic library. Unfortunately I cannot copy the snap points for rack components. How can I fix this?
Thanks a lot!
kind regards
Felix

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Felix,

We don't recommend editing symbols that we [Stardraw] publish to the libraries, instead, we suggest creating a UDP from an existing product/selection and making your required changes to the UDP.  By creating a UDP, your custom symbol will be saved in your libraries for use time and time again.  In the Symbol Editor, be sure to display the Module Targets layer and then copy and paste the objects you require.

If you really want to copy the Module Targets on a published symbol in-place; first, display the Module Targets layer.  Then select the Unlock Cursor and select the Module Targets you wish to copy.  Then copy, paste, and move the Module Targets to the desired location.  Finally, select the Selection Cursor.  Again though, we don't recommend this practice.

I would however strongly recommend requesting the real World rack product that you require, or a Generic rack, if there's a size we're missing, using the Product Request Service. We can then publish new symbols to the libraries for all users of SD7 to use.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards
Kevin Harrison
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...