Update fails to run

Author
kevinwillis
Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am running version 7.3, Build 5/10/2021. When I open it I get the "Updates Available" banner at the top, but when I click to run the update I get an error message that says "The request returned an empty response" (see attached screenshot).

How do I fix this error?

Thanks,
Keivn
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your post.  We'd like to connect to your computer to remotely diagnose why you're seeing this issue and I have emailed you to that effect.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (430K reputation)
Rob Robinson - 12/10/2021 2:24:26 PM
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your post.  We'd like to connect to your computer to remotely diagnose why you're seeing this issue and I have emailed you to that effect.

Kevin,
Thanks for your offer of assistance.
We have now diagnosed the problem and we have implemented a fix.
The solution was a fix to the DNS that an old version of the Updater was using.
Please run the Updater again and it should run without any problems.
Do let us know if you continue to have any problems.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
kevinwillis
kevinwillis
Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)Supreme Being (858 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi David,

Thanks for your quick resolution to this problem.

Well, it started to run and looked good... until it didn't. See the attached screenshot. Now I can't open Stardraw at all. I tried rebooting but no luck. I also tried running the updater manually as an administrator, but still no luck.

Thanks again for your help on this issue!

David Snipp
David Snipp
Architect (430K reputation)
kevinwillis - 12/10/2021 9:03:35 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for your quick resolution to this problem.

Well, it started to run and looked good... until it didn't. See the attached screenshot. Now I can't open Stardraw at all. I tried rebooting but no luck. I also tried running the updater manually as an administrator, but still no luck.

Thanks again for your help on this issue!

This looks like a problem decompressing the files that it has downloaded.
There could be a couple of reasons for this:
1. Stardraw Design 7 is already running. Use the Task Manager and make sure that there is no Stardraw Process running and then try again.
2. You have Anti-Virus/Firewall/Optimizer software running which is interfering with the file being downloaded - try disabling these and trying again.
3. Your network provider is interfering with the file being downloaded - try using a different network connection.
We'd be happy to remotely diagnose the problem if none of these solutions work for you.
Feel free to email me with a convenient date/time.

David Snipp
Stardraw.com Ltd
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...