Multiple Instances of Products in Product Attributes

Author
B
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I go in "Regenerate Product Attributes" and "View Data Source" I see multiple instances of products that I may have edited and no longer show up on my product list. For example I see a typo or other mistake in the description, "Edit Product" to fix the error and then see I've lost all of the sticky Product Attributes and on the data source I see the old product still there on the list. Some of these lists are long as I edit a lot.

Am I able to delete these unused products and just keep the instances that are in current use to clean things up?

Thanks!
Bb
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Boomer,
Yes, we never delete anything from the Product Attributes Spreadsheet, and if you change the Manufacturer, Model Number or Description of a UDP then this is treated as a brand new product and added to the Product Attributes Spreadsheet so it's entirely safe to delete the old products with typos etc, but, of course, copy down the Attributes you want to keep.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 3 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...