CEE 7/3 (Schuko) in Symbol Components

Author
Felix Vollmer
Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I would like to create several UDPs for Racklayout. Unfortunately I cannot find any 'german' CEE7/3 sockets. Just like 'IEC' or 'UK Mains' and 'USA Mains'. Something like 'CEE7/3 Main' is missing for me. Or can I find it anywhere else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuko

Thanks for your help!
Edited 3 Years Ago by Felix Vollmer
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Felix Vollmer - 7/7/2021 10:50:29 AM
Hello,

I would like to create several UDPs for Racklayout. Unfortunately I cannot find any 'german' CEE7/3 sockets. Just like 'IEC' or 'UK Mains' and 'USA Mains'. Something like 'CEE7/3 Main' is missing for me. Or can I find it anywhere else?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Felix,

You'll find what you need in the Panels library under Generic > Hardware > Connectors.  There's a German Schuko Connector under 'Miscellaneous' and EU Schuko Connectors (front and rear panel mount) under 'Schuko'.

If there's anything else that you require, please request it using the Product Request system.

I hope that's helpful.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison.
Felix Vollmer
Felix Vollmer
Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)Forum Guru (60 reputation)
Kevin Harrison - 7/7/2021 11:05:57 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your help!

Hi Felix,

You'll find what you need in the Panels library under Generic > Hardware > Connectors.  There's a German Schuko Connector under 'Miscellaneous' and EU Schuko Connectors (front and rear panel mount) under 'Schuko'.

If there's anything else that you require, please request it using the Product Request system.

I hope that's helpful.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison.

Thanks Kevin!
I just found it and implemented it into my rack layout component.
the thing is that I always need to copy and insert the layout to a rack layout drawing. Every time I need a Schuko socket? Wouldn't it be easier to have it accessible directly from the rack layout library?
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Felix Vollmer - 7/7/2021 11:23:38 AM
Kevin Harrison - 7/7/2021 11:05:57 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your help!

Hi Felix,

I hope that's helpful.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison.

Thanks Kevin!
I just found it and implemented it into my rack layout component.
the thing is that I always need to copy and insert the layout to a rack layout drawing. Every time I need a Schuko socket? Wouldn't it be easier to have it accessible directly from the rack layout library?

Hi Felix,

The Panel and Rack modules (and symbol libraries therein) have been designed to aid discrete drawing tasks.  The Panels module facilitates custom layouts of connectors on metalwork/panels with custom engraving.  The Rack module, on the other hand, facilitates the mounting of rack-mountable equipment into rack enclosures.  The workflow you describe is correct, creating your custom panel and then importing it into your Rack drawing is the recommended procedure.  One further step is required to then make a Rack UDP of your custom panel so that you can use it time and time again.

Further information on this topic can be found by watching the movie titled: #24 Rackmount Connection Panels that can be found on our Movies Page.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Hi SD Team,

Is there any product across all manufacturers that contains a Rack Layout design including these EU Schuko Mains ?

Thank You,

Hughes
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Hughes - 7/16/2022 9:30:07 PM
Hi SD Team,

Is there any product across all manufacturers that contains a Rack Layout design including these EU Schuko Mains ?

Thank You,

Hughes

Hi Hughes,

Thank you for your post. 
Can you give a little more detail about what it is you are looking for i.e. Is it just a symbol of the EU Shuko Mains connector in the Rack module that you require or, are you researching products for a project that facilitate this type of connector and want to know what products are available?

Kind regards
Kevin Harrison
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Hi Kevin,

I'm just looking for a "standard" 19" 1U PDU with 8 EU type E sockets (actually represented in Rack Layout) and a switch, no matter the manufacturer.

I've tried first to search on your online manufacturer libraries but the search engine is not efficient from my point of view.
As it is already described 2 years ago in this post http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic18566.aspx#18687 , It should be optimum if the search engine runs through all the on-line database or a feature to search trough all manufacturer/model/description within SD7.

Of course I can request for this new product, but I don't see any added value to ask if the product is already existing under another manufacturer. Furthermore, If I ask for this product, you will certainly first search if it's not already existing under another manufacturer and than re-brand it under the manufacturer I asked for !

Is such a product already in the database ?

Thank You,
Hughes

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Hughes - 7/17/2022 11:47:24 AM
Hi Kevin,

I'm just looking for a "standard" 19" 1U PDU with 8 EU type E sockets (actually represented in Rack Layout) and a switch, no matter the manufacturer.

I've tried first to search on your online manufacturer libraries but the search engine is not efficient from my point of view.
As it is already described 2 years ago in this post http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic18566.aspx#18687 , It should be optimum if the search engine runs through all the on-line database or a feature to search trough all manufacturer/model/description within SD7.

Of course I can request for this new product, but I don't see any added value to ask if the product is already existing under another manufacturer. Furthermore, If I ask for this product, you will certainly first search if it's not already existing under another manufacturer and than re-brand it under the manufacturer I asked for !

Is such a product already in the database ?

Thank You,
Hughes

Hi Hughes,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.  Your request for product search is duly noted.

I believe Penn Elcom offer similar products to that which you require.  Take a look at the RG-6517 and RG-6518.

If you require a similar product to be included under the Generic library, then please request it from the Product Request Service and we will include it.

I hope this is helpful

Regards

Kevin Harrison
Hughes
H
Kevin,

I would like the actual design of an EU type E Socket under Rack Layout (or Block Schematic), no matter the manufacturer, no matter if it is product or symbol.
Like the available Symbol (/Symbol Components/Rack Layout/Connectors Front/UK Mains) for UK13AF Angled Mains socket 13A.
The design of both Penn Elcom RG-6517 and RG-6518 is generic and do not reflect the actual product: only 7 of the 8 sockets are represented, switch is misplaced for RG-6517, RG-6518 has no switch.

If I request a generic product, how to formulate that I want the actual design of an EU type E Socket ?

Hughes
Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Hughes - 7/17/2022 1:11:44 PM
Kevin,

I would like the actual design of an EU type E Socket under Rack Layout (or Block Schematic), no matter the manufacturer, no matter if it is product or symbol.
Like the available Symbol (/Symbol Components/Rack Layout/Connectors Front/UK Mains) for UK13AF Angled Mains socket 13A.
The design of both Penn Elcom RG-6517 and RG-6518 is generic and do not reflect the actual product: only 7 of the 8 sockets are represented, switch is misplaced for RG-6517, RG-6518 has no switch.

If I request a generic product, how to formulate that I want the actual design of an EU type E Socket ?

Hughes

Hi Hughes,

No problem, we can do that.  We'll add an EU type E socket to the Symbols Components in the Stardraw Online Symbols, in due course.  We'll update this thread as soon as the new symbol is available.

Note: a Generic Eu Schuko connector product is already published in the Panels library, as mentioned previously in this thread.

In future, any symbols that you require to be added to the Stardraw Online Symbols in the Symbol Browser can be requested by emailing symbols@stardraw.com .

You are correct in stating that Penn Elcom RG-6517 and RG-6518 Rack and Pictorial symbols are generic, they are not intended to look like the actual product but are designed to represent the product type.  The Block Schematics, to the best of our knowledge, are accurate.  We will always publish accurate Block Schematic symbols.  If you'd like us to author manufacturer-specific symbols for the Penn Elcom RG-6517 and RG-6518 (or any other products that are published using generic symbols) email us at symbols@stardraw.com and, if we can obtain suitable CAD drawings, we can look into updating the symbols?

If you request a generic 1U PDU, say with 8 outlets, we'll publish rack and pictorial symbols using our generic PDU symbols.  As previously mentioned, the symbols reflect the product type, will be the correct size, but will not show connections/buttons etc. on the front and rear panels.

Regards
Kevin Harrison
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...