Export CAD: eFileAccessErr:eFileAccessErr - & Other export issues

Author
A
Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey Team, 
Item 1: I am trying to export to CAD, and am receiving the subject error code. I have read on old posts that this may have something to do with images within the drawing. It is a plan drawing I am editing, where I have inserted Excel 'copy & paste' tables, they are being stored as images - a concern?

Item 2: Exporting curve lines is incorrect
- Original View:

- Export view:

Item 3: Images stripped on export
- Original:

- Export:

Would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks

Alan
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Alan,

Do you see the same error if you save to a different location i.e. a different folder?

If no, then it sounds like something is holding open a file that is associated with the exported DWG i.e. one of the .PNGs that is created to persist the images in the original project file (eFileAccessError simply means "I can't write to a particular filename")

If you still see the error when saving to a different folder, please email the .S07 project file, along with your notes on the issue, to techsupport@stardraw.com.  If we can reproduce the issue then we can understand what's actually happening and provide a solution.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
AW-RKAV
A
Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)Forum Guru (67 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 7/2/2020 2:14:18 PM
Hi Alan,

Do you see the same error if you save to a different location i.e. a different folder?

If no, then it sounds like something is holding open a file that is associated with the exported DWG i.e. one of the .PNGs that is created to persist the images in the original project file (eFileAccessError simply means "I can't write to a particular filename")

If you still see the error when saving to a different folder, please email the .S07 project file, along with your notes on the issue, to techsupport@stardraw.com.  If we can reproduce the issue then we can understand what's actually happening and provide a solution.
Hi Rob, email sent, look forward to hearing from you.
Alan
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
For those following the thread;
1) When exporting a drawing that contains images to DWG, the export process creates a DWG file and a linked .PNG file for each image in the drawing, eFileAccessError, which means that something is preventing a file being written,  can occur if:
  • You have exported the drawing to DWG, and
  • You open the DWG in another application, and
  • You try to export the DWG again to the same folder/filename while the DWG is open in the other application.
This is because the other application is holding the DWG and associated PNG files open, locking them against being overwritten. 
The solution is to close the DWG in the other application, or export the second DWG to a different folder.

2) Arcs: if a Group containing Arcs has been Mirrored, in some cases the Arcs can be displaced when exporting to DWG.  A fix is being investigated but in the meantime the workaround is to Ungroup any group that exhibits the issue, prior to exporting the drawing.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...