Feature Request - Arrange/Alignment Tools in Context Menu

Author
f
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
Hopefully it is ok to post this here. I looked for a spot for feature requests but did not find anything for Stardraw 7.

Anyways, I would like to request that the alignment tools (e.g. Arrange>Align>Left) be accessible via a right click context menu when two or more symbols are selected (i.e. select two symbols, right click one and "align left" is an option to quickly work with laying out symbols. Many programs support this feature and the symbol the alignment is based off of could be based off the symbol that is right clicked or the currently logic used.

Below is the feature as implemented in BlueBeam Revu.

pixelartworks
p
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)
fletcher - 4/14/2020 4:27:24 AM
Hello,
Hopefully it is ok to post this here. I looked for a spot for feature requests but did not find anything for Stardraw 7.

Anyways, I would like to request that the alignment tools (e.g. Arrange>Align>Left) be accessible via a right click context menu when two or more symbols are selected (i.e. select two symbols, right click one and "align left" is an option to quickly work with laying out symbols. Many programs support this feature and the symbol the alignment is based off of could be based off the symbol that is right clicked or the currently logic used.

Below is the feature as implemented in BlueBeam Revu.

Bump on this one!!!
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi All,

Thanks for the request and upvote - noted.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
fletcher
f
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Rob Robinson - 4/14/2020 10:24:54 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the request and upvote - noted.

Thanks Rob. Keyboard shortcuts like those shown in the screenshot would be awesome as well. Is there a formal place to submit these and any sort of formal voting method for feature requests?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Fletcher,

Yes, we're already looking at extending Fastkeys and Shortcuts.

We don't have a formal, public method for suggesting or upvoting new features or enhancements, but feel free to use this forum as a vehicle for all matters relating to Stardraw Design 7.3.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
fletcher
f
Rob Robinson - 4/16/2020 11:19:58 AM
Hi Fletcher,

Yes, we're already looking at extending Fastkeys and Shortcuts.

We don't have a formal, public method for suggesting or upvoting new features or enhancements, but feel free to use this forum as a vehicle for all matters relating to Stardraw Design 7.3.

Just saw the update published this week - excellent work and thank you so much for incorporating this - looks like exactly what I was hoping for.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Fletcher,

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad you like it.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
pixelartworks
p
Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)Supreme Being (126 reputation)
Hi Rob,

This feature is much appreciated.

Could it also appear in a right click context menu when the Unlock tool is being used? Would be really great

Thanks!

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Haz,

We'll certainly look into that.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected