Imports

Author
m.utzman
Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)Supreme Being (135 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I created a spread sheet in excel - made it into a pdf - when I import it the character and fonts have all been changes

I even went as far as creating a dwg via Vector-works and imported it that way and the imported as a 1-1 and nothing shows up

HELP

is there ans easier way to sync up the manufacture minues remving and reinstalling the software.

Why is there not a simple sync manufactures tab
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Mike,

The simplest way to get spreadsheet information into a drawing is simply to select the area you want in Excel, copy (Ctrl+C) and in the Stardraw Design 7.3 drawing use Paste (Ctrl+V).  This will paste an image that's entirely faithful to the copied data but note that the image is pasted at its original pixel size so it may need to be resized for the size of the drawing you're working on; look out for the red handles after Paste that indicate where the image has been pasted (it may be very small).

Regarding synchronization:
  • Manufacturer and UDP libraries are synched every time the application starts up.
  • Manufacturer libraries are synched every time you make changes in Tools | Personalization | Manufacturer Libraries and click on OK
  • UDPs can be synched manually by choosing Tools | Sync User Defined Products.
Given that manufacturers synch whenever the application runs and whenever you change your selected manufacturers, what is the problem you're trying to solve with regard to manufacturer library synchronization?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...