Using the mouse scroll while holding "Shift"

Author
Sjoerd Verbraaken
Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi There. i'm a SD 2007AV Veteran. and since a couple off months i'm using SD7.3
When i'm busy drawing a cable in a large drawing form above in the drawing.
you click the start point. ​
Hold left mouse button. press shift and scroll to move the drawing up and down.
this goes very slow. i have to scroll a thousend times to offset the entire screen, while in SD 2007AV this was much faster.
and since the windows 10 mouse setting has no influence on this can you tell me where to find these settings ?

---------------------- one more-----------------------------
​​question/feature request.
short keys for changing  mouse pointer from selection to cable

like "Ctrl" + "N" is mouse pointor to cable tool since "esc" will put it back to selection that's fine.

​​​​​
​​​​​​​​

Hecla Professional Audio&Video Systems bv

Sjoerd Verbraaken, CTS
System/Sound Engineer

http://www.hecla.nl

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Sjoerd,

Adding the "Alt" key multiplies mousewheel effects by10 times so you can use, for example, Shift+Alt+Mousewheel for 10x scrolling effect.

Personally the technique I prefer to draw cables of great length in large drawings is to zoom in to the start point, begin the Cable, zoom out (with the mousewheel) to see more of the drawing, then zoom in (with the mousewheel) to the endpoint.  Just my own preferred way of working.

Regarding Fastkeys and Shortcuts you can find full details of existing shortcuts in the Help file but, yes, we plan to add greater support for these in the next version (note, however, that we won't use Ctrl+N for Cable because this is a 'reserved' shortcut for Windows applications and usually starts a New Document).

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Sjoerd Verbraaken
Sjoerd Verbraaken
Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob Robinson - 12/2/2019 7:14:16 PM
Hi Sjoerd,

Adding the "Alt" key multiplies mousewheel effects by10 times so you can use, for example, Shift+Alt+Mousewheel for 10x scrolling effect.

Personally the technique I prefer to draw cables of great length in large drawings is to zoom in to the start point, begin the Cable, zoom out (with the mousewheel) to see more of the drawing, then zoom in (with the mousewheel) to the endpoint.  Just my own preferred way of working.

Regarding Fastkeys and Shortcuts you can find full details of existing shortcuts in the Help file but, yes, we plan to add greater support for these in the next version (note, however, that we won't use Ctrl+N for Cable because this is a 'reserved' shortcut for Windows applications and usually starts a New Document).

Thanx Rob,
The ctrl +n was just a suggestion.  more functions on this would help on a mouse with a few extra buttons like mine.
my idea on navigating on drawing should be possible with the 3D Connexion "Space navigator" yes this is a 3D CAD tool but also works great on 2D. if supported correctly.
if you have never used it i'll bring mine to the ISE2019 and show you.

Something else that's bothering me.
if you have selected the cable tool, the program knows you are drawing cables.
then in would be nice if you could move cables around directly after you have drawn them.
since the "Nodes" are visable in this mode, it should be possible. this would help speeding up the progress (because you don't have to go from cable to selection and back all the time. makeing the hotkey obsolete)
(just like when you just drew a polyline in autocad, you can move the nodes around)

Hecla Professional Audio&Video Systems bv

Sjoerd Verbraaken, CTS
System/Sound Engineer

http://www.hecla.nl

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Sjoerd,

Noted - we'll certainly discuss this internally.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...