unit of measure display

Author
Tobinski
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SD7 team 

any chance in the near future there could be an option to turn off the unit of measure display?
Typically in our drawings we note in the title block all units displayed in mm
when drawing smaller measurements 10 to 15 mm the unit of measure display is to big

Tags
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
+1
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Toby,

Sorry for the delay in replying; we've been having some problems with the Forum Post notification system.

I'm a bit baffled by your request because on the face of it a Dimension without the measurement text loses its sole purpose for existence; it feels a bit like asking for the option to hide the characters in a Text object.

If the overlap of the measurement and the leaders is the problem you could:
  1. Move the text to a better place (just drag the handle in the center of the baseline of the text)
  2. Change the Font Size so that it fits
If you really want to hide the text today you can achieve that effect by setting the Font Size to a tiny value e.g. 0.001mm (Note that zero height text in the Dimension object is reset to 1 so you need to set a tiny value that is greater than zero).

But to hide the measurement text begs the question why have the Dimension there at all?  Perhaps I don't understand the problem you're trying to solve; please let me know if I've missed the point.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Hi Rob,

I did agree with Toby's request as I understood that request to only hide the unit (mm in the example) leaving just the value.

Thank you for your support,
Hughes
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Hughes,

Ok, now I understand!!  Thanks for giving me a clearer perspective; this now makes sense and we'll certainly considering hiding the unit (but keeping the measurement).

D'oh!

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Tobinski
Tobinski
Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)Supreme Being (7.2K reputation)
Rob Robinson - 12/2/2019 9:02:20 PM
Hi Hughes,

Ok, now I understand!!  Thanks for giving me a clearer perspective; this now makes sense and we'll certainly considering hiding the unit (but keeping the measurement).

D'oh!

Rob
Yes just the "mm"  the number still shows but the unit of measure is hidden as we reference the entire drawing as " all dimensions shown in mm" in the title block.

One other future feature would be the ability to extend the line which is perpendicular to the arrow head so a dimension can be placed in clear drawing space and extended X,Y axis to show where it ends / starts
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Toby,

Yes, you can do this today; just drag the handle at the end of the line (which is called a 'leader')

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...