Creating Reusable Block Text

Author
jnuckolls
Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)Supreme Being (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Greetings SD Team, I attempted to email, but emails were returned as unavailable.  Please see the attached PDF concerning the use of creating reusable block text fields.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Jerry,

Yes, your email was addressed to one recipient with the domain "stardaw.com" instead of "stardraw.com", hence the bounce.  Fortunately we received it at the cc address which was spelled correctly.

Looking at the attachment in the email I believe the problem is simply that you're saving your ‘standard symbols’ as .S07 files i.e. Project Files. The Symbol Browser does not support Project files, which can contain multiple drawings, but only supports file formats that contain a single drawing or graphic e.g. DWG, DXF, or S01 (or image formats like PNG but those would not be appropriate for this use).

So, instead of saving S07 files to C:\Users\jnuckolls\Documents\Standard AV Blocks\STARDRAW you should export as DWG or S01 (and DWG is probably best).

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...