Weird behavior after using external 4k screen

Author
f
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi.
After disconnecting my external screen (4k) I get the attached look. I can't seem to solve the problem and get to the block diagram. Am I missing something?

/ Fredrik
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Fredrik,

Sorry for the delay in replying - a problem with the forum meant that we were not notified of your post.

The screengrab suggests that the Available Symbols Palette has been maximised so it's taking up the whole screen.  This may be caused by the different resolutions used by your display devices; the application has remembered the workspace layout from the 4k display but that resolution isn't supported by the current display device.

To restore the workspace hold down the Shift key on your keyboard when you start Stardraw Design 7.3; this will return the User Interface to its default settings.  

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
fsetterberg
f
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Hi Rob. Unfortunately that didn't help. Now there is the same problem on my 4k monitor as well...

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Fredrik,

Can you just confirm that you used this sequence:
1) Stardraw Design 7.3 is not running.
2) You press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard.
3) You run SD7.3 either by doubleclicking the desktop shortcut, or from the entry in your Windows Start menu
4) When the application is running, release the Shift key.

Is this what you've done?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
fsetterberg
f
Hi again.
Yes, that is what I've done.

/ Fredrik
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Fredrik,

OK, the other thing to try will be to close SD7.3 and then use Windows Explorer to navigate to:
C:\Users\[your Windows user name]\AppData\Local\Stardraw.com_Ltd\Stardraw_Design_7.exe_StrongName_qwfreac2ve4l51l5zjl5t0m2rbrbl1hk\1.0.0.0
and from that folder delete the file "user.config".

When you restart SD7.3 it will be in 'first run' mode, so you'll see a slightly different startup routine this time only, and will need to allow manufacturers to Synchronize.  Once that has completed the program will start as normal.

Does this solve your problem?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
fsetterberg
f
Rob Robinson - 11/19/2019 4:31:19 PM
Hi Fredrik,

OK, the other thing to try will be to close SD7.3 and then use Windows Explorer to navigate to:
C:\Users\[your Windows user name]\AppData\Local\Stardraw.com_Ltd\Stardraw_Design_7.exe_StrongName_qwfreac2ve4l51l5zjl5t0m2rbrbl1hk\1.0.0.0
and from that folder delete the file "user.config".

When you restart SD7.3 it will be in 'first run' mode, so you'll see a slightly different startup routine this time only, and will need to allow manufacturers to Synchronize.  Once that has completed the program will start as normal.

Does this solve your problem?

That solved it! Many thanks Rob! Does this mean that each time I move from external screen to laptop screen, I have to delete this file

Edited 5 Years Ago by fsetterberg
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Fredrik,

That should not be necessary, but if you do encounter the same problem again can you tell us the exact sequence of events that leads up to the issue?  If we can reproduce the issue by following the sequence that you carry out, we should be able to understand what's happening and work out a way to prevent it. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...