Zoom to selection

Author
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Is there a way to directly zoom selected item(s) in addition to existing Zoom in F2,out F3, document F4 ?

Thank You,
Hughes
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Hughes,

Zoom to Selection is not a supported function, but you can also use the wheel on you mouse to dynamically zoom in/out with the cursor position being the center of the zoom action.

If you do not use a mouse with a wheel, we strongly recommend you get one as it will greatly enhance your productivity when working with Stardraw Design 7.3.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Hughes
H
Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)Supreme Being (165 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Rob,

I do use a mouse with a wheel and I do use the zoom in/out function with that wheel.
My question came from these two contexts:
1. Want to have full view of a product/cable than have a very small piece of it on the viewing area. I have first to place that object to the center of the viewing area (pan) using the mousewheel (click, shift, ctrl, alt). Then release the mousewheel, repositioning the cursor at the center of the object and after all make the zoom to fit the viewing area. 'Zoom To' function would be faster and easier.
2. Searching for a product in a drawing. I go to dashboard / products, scrolling to it and click on 'jump to' in the wanted drawing column. Once the drawing is displayed, F4 Zoom document to see where the selected product is. And pan / zoom onto it. 'Zoom To' function combined to 'jump To' would be more ergonomic.

This is why I asked for 'Zoom To' function.

Hughes

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Hughes,

Thanks for the further explanation.  While I think that Zoom to Document (F4) followed by 
a) mousewheel, or
b) F2 and drawing a zoom rectangle
can give you any zoom you want very quickly, it should be possible to add Zoom to Selection to a future release.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...