CAD Export Issue

Author
M
Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I noticed the problem with CAD Export. Some Text Fields was moved and rotated from the original positions.
Do you have any ides how to fix it?

Best regards
Maciej‌‌‌

‌‌
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Maciej,

P‌lease can you email your .S07 project file to techsupport@stardraw.com? We will be happy to investigate this if we can reproduce the effect from your original file - thank you.‌

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Maciej Dobrski
M
Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)Supreme Being (2.9K reputation)
Hi Rob

File sent.

Maciej‌‌‌‌

Maciej Dobrski
M
Hi Team,
I found next problem in CAD export. If the object was mirrored inside the StarDraw project, it was not exported correctly to the CAD file. The text is in wrong direction.
Best Regards
Maciej

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Maciej,

We've reproduced this and will investigate.

What's the problem you're trying to solve by exporting to DWG?  It makes sense with Plan View drawings hat you might want an AutoCAD user to work with and edit the files, but I can't imagine this being a requirement for Block Schematic drawings.  If you just want others to see the drawing, PDF might be a better option, but I'd like to understand this particular requirement.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Maciej Dobrski
M
Hi Rob,

I need this functionality when I'm making only part of drawings for project. Customer is expecting drawings in DWG format. Normally I'm printing to PDF.

Maciej

Maciej Dobrski
M
Hi Guys,

Any hope for a solution of the problem?

Best Regards
Maciej
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Maciej,

We're looking into it - it's quite a complicated issue - and would hope to have a solution by next week.  We'll let you know as soon as there's any news.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Maciej,

I'm pleased to tell you that an update was published today which fixes the problem you reported.  Sorry for the length of time this has taken but it was a very, very difficult issue to resolve, not least because where Stardraw Design 7.3 does allow text to be mirrored, AutoCAD does not!  Our development team had to work extremely hard to make this work and cater for all possible combinations and permutations of mirroring, scaling, rotating and translating objects, complicated further by doing different transformations on different levels of hierarchies.

But we got there!

Next time you run Stardraw Design 7.3 please Install Updates to get this latest version.

Fuller details of the update can be seen at http://forums.stardraw.com/Topic18427.aspx 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Maciej Dobrski
M
Hi Rob, 

Thank You and Your Team for the professional and reliable support.

Best Regards
Maciej

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...