Fitting Looooong Project names into title blocks

Author
LloydB
Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)Supreme Being (3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
HI All

I have spent Christmas making some perfectly fantastic custom title blocks for different client and different project stages. All is working wonderfully such is the ease of how Stardraw works in this regard.

BUT..... I've just hit a bit of a snag. What happens if you have a really long file name that just will not fit into the space in the customization block within the title block? It's not like you can just hit enter and wrap the name across 2 or three lines. I hadn't thought of this until now when I have a very looong Project Name which fits nicely in the space on the Dashboard because that just keeps on scrolling but now I have tried to fit it into a substitution field in my title block I end up with a big bit sticking out beyond the side of the block. I can't print that and I certainly can't present it to a client.

Any suggestions for a resolution will be gratefully accepted.

Lloyd :-)

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Lloyd,

Yes, substitution fields do not wrap.so you can either:
a) use a shorter Project Name, or
b) using the Unlock cursor, doubleclick on the text field to edit it (i.e. put in line breaks), but note that this will break the Text Attribute link and the text object is just straight text again (although in this situation I can't see that that would be an issue)

I hope this is helpful. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...