Legacy User defined products

Author
Lichtie
Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tidying up my USER defined modules and want to delete all
Done this when in a project and all deleted, when I go to the Dashboard and look at the products some still remain, really need to delete everything and start again

Any suggestions?

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
I read this as you have deleted all of the symbols for certain products from all of the drawings in your project, but when you look at the Products view, the products are still listed as being in the Project.

This is normal and 'by design'.  When you use Delete on a symbol, it deletes the symbol from the drawing, but it does not delete the Product from the Project.  If you want to do this in a drawing use Shift+Delete.

You can delete the products in the Products view, or in the Available Symbols palette in any drawing view.

Tip: in the Products view scroll to the right: if a Product does not have any green ticks in any of the drawing columns it means it is not in any drawings, so should probably be deleted. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Lichtie
Lichtie
Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)Supreme Being (351 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob
I am ok with what you are suggesting but it is not really the issue, over the years I had done a lot of User defined modules and really wanted to start afresh before I hand over to a new person, a lot of the User defined's are not used now.
Also un installed all the Stardraw products
I opened up a new blank project, created a new schematic with no products.
I then deleted in the left column all the User defined modules, the same done for rack view etc.

Returning to the project dashboard in the drop down menu at the top right there are still user defined products available and can't find any way to delete. part of the issue I was having before any deletions was I had about 4 Extron caragories in the drop down products which made it difficult on which one to chose

Thanks

Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (370K reputation)
Group: Administrators
The Manufacturers dropdown in the Products view will show any manufacturer names that have been installed or defined by you as the current user.  Currently there is no way for you to delete or edit the contents of that dropdown.

But, this might all be a red herring.  If you're handing over to a new user and there is no need to share or pass on existing preferences or data, simply have the new user sign in with a new account.  This way they'll only experience the preferences and data that they have chosen or created.  They can create a new account by registering at www.stardraw.com. 

Note: the USB dongle that holds you license does not care about the account id (email address) that you sign in with.  The dongle is the license, but the user account holds the data and preferences, and anyone can sign in if they have a licensed dongle in their possession.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 8 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...