Generic Libraries

Author
Cory Deming
Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)Supreme Being (219 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

We just added/downloaded a new manufacturer (Denon) to the Stardraw Products library.  After Stardraw completed synchronization, I noticed it removed ALL of the "generic" libraries I had already downloaded.  Worse yet, they are no longer appearing in the list of available manufacturers.  There are some items that we use from these libraries (like the rack ruler) on a regular basis and would like them available ASAP.  Please advise.

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi cdeming,

Thank you for your post.  We are in the process of consolidating all of the generic libraries into one library.  What this will mean is that for a user who had previously selected all 8 of the available Generic manufacturer libraries, they may now select a further 7 manufacturer libraries of their choice.

Once complete all previous generic products and symbols for: Generic Audio, Generic Computers, Generic Hardware, Generic Instruments, Generic People, Generic Symbols and Generic Video - will all be available in one manufacturer library named 'Generic'.  Note: The Generic Components library has already been relocated to the Symbol Browser and the symbols are no longer product-based, which makes sense for the component symbols.  The component symbols are now listed in the Symbol Browser under 'Symbol Components'.

Please accept my apologies for the Generic libraries being temporarily unavailable during this transitional phase.  We're working hard to resolve this and will post back to this thread as soon as the new Generic library is available.

Kind regards

Kevin Harrison

Kevin Harrison
Kevin Harrison
Symbols Manager (15K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi cdeming,

I’m pleased to report that the Generic library is now available and all Generic products and symbols are now available as part of the one new Generic library.

As you had previously selected one or more of the generic libraries, you need do nothing else. The next time you run SD7.2 and synchronization completes, the new Generic library will be available. In fact, any Stardraw user who had previously installed any Generic manufacturer will automatically have the new full Generic library installed.

Once again, my apologies for the unavailability of the generic libraries during this transition. Many thanks for your patience.

Kind regards
Kevin Harrison

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...