Hot Keys

Author
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the kind words!

Currently the only 'fastkey' for swapping tools is to use Escape to return to the Selection cursor.

However, I think there may be some techniques you can use to solve the underlying problem, being diagonal Cables when you really want all segments to be horizontal or vertical.
1) For a 3 segment Cable (or 'dogleg') just click, drag, release; this creates 2 horizontal segments and 1 vertical segment.
2) If you're drawing a Cable and you've set at least one segment, click and drag creates 2 more perpendicular segments, one vertical and one horizontal.  You can use the Ctrl key to change orientation of these 2 segments on the fly.
3) Use Orthogonal Lock to constrain all drawing/editing actions to the horizontal or vertical axis.  Orthogonal Lock can be toggled using the shortcut F7, even when you're in the middle of drawing a Cable segment.

For a full list of keyboard shortcuts see Online Help, go to the Index and click on Shortcuts.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
tsiddiquiCVI
tsiddiquiCVI
Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)Supreme Being (200 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm a new member to the forum and I'd first like to say how much I really like this product. It's the best engine I've used for making professional AV drawings. I do have one question, however. Is there any way to hot swap between different tools? For example, whenever I draw a line using the cable tool and it ends up diagonal, I have to switch to the selection tool in order to adjust it. I have quite a few tools that I use on that toolbar (unlock, orthogonal lock, rectangle, text, in addition to the two mentioned above) and it's become quite time consuming to have to switch between tools by clicking on them in the tool bar. Are there any keyboard shortcuts that allow for switching between these tools? If not, is there a way to set those up?

Thank you in advance
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...