Sizing and .pdf's

Author
SoundInsights
Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a few questions...

1. is there a way to import a .pdf without starting a new project. I would like to import several .pdf's into the same project (different floors or buildings in the same project file)

2. I can not figure out how to make the scale size of my .pdf fit the size of the symbols. the standard camera symbol is HUGE compared to the .pdf drawing. I now have to shrink down each and every symbol to use it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Steve
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Steve,

1. No - by design the PDF Import process creates a new Project with a drawing tab for each page in the PDF.  Just copy the objects from the drawing you want and paste into a new Plan View drawing tab in the destination project. 

2. Each drawing is imported at the size of the PDF page so, for example, if a Floor Plan is 11" x 17" in the PDF file the extents of the imported drawing will likewise be 11" x 17".  Plan View drawings and the symbols from the library are designed to be at a 1:1 scale so simply use Arrange | Scale to scale up the drawing to 1:1 - a useful technique is to draw a dimension against something of a known size, like a doorway, and use that to figure out what percentage scaling factor to apply.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
SoundInsights
SoundInsights
Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)Supreme Being (3.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Perfect. Thanks!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...