Attributes not carried during mirror operation

Author
rdenbroe
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello Rob,

It seems that if I mirror a product on the Block Schematic view the layer attributes of the mirrored item are undefined (although the Properties box gives the correct layer name when I unlock the product).

As an example, on a drawing where an item is dragged in and the text and box of that item are on the "Outline" layer and the pin is on the "Audio Circuit Paths" layer and the item itself is on the "Parts" layer, if I then <mirror> this product the resulting mirrored copy does not seem to respond to any layer viewing changes. It seems, even if I select to view no layers that the items stays there, like it was on an undefined layer. 

This has led me to make "IN" pins and "OUT" pins instead of just one pin that I can mirror left and right. A slight drag unless there is a work-around.

I have tried this with Stardraw symbols also and the same issue seems to apply.

I am running: 7.1 Build 4/27/2016 4:35:36

Thoughts?

Regards,
 Rick
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your post - this is on our radar and will be fixed in an imminent update.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)
Perfect! Thanks for letting me know. Thoughts on what "imminent" means? Ie, How many duplicate (but mirrored) pins do I make? 8)

Cheers,
 Rick
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Rick,

Well, as you know we don't project launch dates - it'll be released when it's ready - but I will go as far as to say 'this month'.  Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Ha! Fair enough. You guys are great, and I love using the program.  

Cheers,
 Rick

Ps. Do I get brownie points for that last bit?
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the kind words.  Much appreciated, and I hope the wait isn't too long Smile

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...