Title Blocks - Sub fields Wrap text

Author
Tobinski
Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi 

Is ther any way in Title block to get Substitution fields to wrap.  Ie if the project name is long get it to appear on 2 lines 
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Toby,

Thanks for your post.  Currently, no: substituted text always resolves to a single line and there isn't a way to enforce wrapping on a substituted text field.

Sorry that I can't suggest a magic solution to this one.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Toby,

Actually, having thought about this a little longer there is a way to manually update substituted text.

Having inserted your title block and on seeing that a text field is too long:
1) Select the Unlock cursor
2) Doubleclick on the text field to perform inplace editing
3) Use Enter on your keyboard to insert one or more line breaks.
4) Return to the standard Selection cursor

On the upside this will give you what you want immediately.  On the downside, if you re-insert a Title Block it will return to a single line (because the new title block is derived from the original, unmodified Title Block template).

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Tobinski
Tobinski
Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)Supreme Being (7.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Rob 

I ended up being a bit more creative and just used on of the other sub fields and broke the project name up over two fields so when i update a title block the layout holds 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...