Products dashboard desired improvement

Author
pftsol
Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

We like using the Products dashboard to quickly select items I will be needing in my different drawings for the project.
Also, we like to add our touch of personalization to the symbols you provide us with.
This means that we end up often with two products with the same model number: one in the Stardraw Products library and another in the User Defined Products library.
So when using the Products dashboard we end up with two products with the same model number not knowing from which library it comes from.
A workaround would be to create our customs products with a slightly modified model number but that would defeat the purpose of having reports with the correct information on them.

Our request is to have an extra column in the Products dashboard indicating from which library the product is being selected from.

Thank you for considering if this is feasible or if you have other suggestions to offer us.

Regards,

Pasquale
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Pasquale,

Thanks for your post and your suggestion.  I think we understand what you're saying and will put our heads together to figure out the best solution and how/if it can be implemented.

I have one question: if you have a Stardraw library version of a product and a UDP version of the same product, would you ever use the Stardraw version?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
pftsol
pftsol
Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)Supreme Being (6.8K reputation)
If we created a UDP version (by modifying an existing Stardraw library version) I don't see the need of using the Stardraw library version any more.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Pasquale,

Yes, that was my guess - thanks for confirming it.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
jessea3
jessea3
Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)Supreme Being (1.6K reputation)
I would agree - we often tweak existing parts to better suit our needs, and when we've done so we always chose them from the custom library.
pftsol
pftsol
jessea3 - 4/7/2016 7:43:57 PM
I would agree - we often tweak existing parts to better suit our needs, and when we've done so we always chose them from the custom library.

Hello,

I'm looking for an update on this request.
In the Products page, in the Search for Products result window, can an extra column be added which clearly shows from what library the found products come from? ‌
At the present moment, the Search for Products feature in the Products page is useless for us.
W‌ith the requested added feature, we could easily and quickly build an initial BOM for a new project with the desired symbols, without having to start a new drawing.

R‌egards,

P‌asquale‌‌

Edited 7 Years Ago by pftsol
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Pasquale,

T‌hanks for your post. Can I ask for some clarification on what exactly you need to see?

I‌s it just the root, i.e. "User Defined Products" or "Stardraw Products"?

O‌r is it the fully qualified path to the product, e.g. for the CPT128AH, "Stardraw Products\Extron\Switchers\Crosspoint 12x8"?‌‌‌

O‌r something else?‌

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
pftsol
pftsol
Rob Robinson - 9/14/2017 8:14:42 AM
Hi Pasquale,

T‌hanks for your post. Can I ask for some clarification on what exactly you need to see?

I‌s it just the root, i.e. "User Defined Products" or "Stardraw Products"?

O‌r is it the fully qualified path to the product, e.g. for the CPT128AH, "Stardraw Products\Extron\Switchers\Crosspoint 12x8"?‌‌‌

O‌r something else?‌

Hello Rob,

J‌ust the root will suffice.

T‌hank you

P‌asquale

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...