Grouping & Rresizing causes intense emotional distress

Author
rdenbroe
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Draw 2x 1" x 1" squares
Group these 2 squares
Resize them in any direction
Ungroup these 2 squares
Select either sqaure
note the dimension still says 1" x 1".

This is very grevious to me, as I spent considerable time thinking I had gone crazy when trying to scale things. Please fix. 

I request a bottle of red wine and some cheese as recompense for this horrible experience.

Cheerio,
  Rick
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)Supreme Being (2.4K reputation)
Saving, closing and reopening does not change, nor correct the issue.

-Rick
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Rick,

Apologies for the delay in replying to your post.

We’d like to understand what it is that you’re trying to achieve, rather than what it is that you are doing.  Please attach the project file that you’re working on to a post, or email it to techsupport@stardraw.com, and describe the end result that you want (rather than any steps you might think you should take to get there).

There are many ways and many tools within SD7.1 to achieve any particular objective, and once we can understand what that objective is, we can advise you as to what the best approach might be.  A test case such as you have described is just that – a test case – but it is the real world objective that is important. If you want to change the size of a Rectangle, you should change the Size via the Properties Grid or select the rectangle and resize it individually.  The behavior you are seeing is only visible if you group, scale and ungroup.

Regarding your real objective, do you, for example, need to put library symbols from one drawing type into a differently scaled drawing, or create new objects from scratch to go into a 1:1 floorplan, or something else?

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Oh Bother.

I am trying to achieve nothing but normal usage. I am certain there are a thousand and one ways to do things, but this particular way seemed to generate an error that was not self correcting. Perhaps my comedic nature made that unclear. This "online medium" of communication is too flat and does not convey my hilarious comedic nature. 

This was intended as a "bug report". I am not truly aggrieved. Although I did actually waste an hour figuring out why my symbols and parts I was making were not making sense.

Enjoy!

PS, I still would like my wine and cheese.

Regards,
  Rick
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Rick,

Thanks - a dose of humor is always appreciated, but we take all bug and usability reports seriously.  We'd still like to understand your objective because it is only in that way that we can improve your experience and that of users in general.  Well, we could send some wine and cheese and that would be a nice experience, but really we're keen to get SD7.1 as good as it can be.

Thanks. 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Very well! 

If I post a file, is it view able by all? It is confidential, but I am do not mind sending it to your support.

-Rick
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Hi Rick,

Yes, an attached file would be public, so feel free to email to techsupport@stardraw.com

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
rdenbroe
rdenbroe
Sent. And then sent again as I forgot the comments.
-Rick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...