Importing DWG (AutoCad) into Plan View - Some Items missing

Author
DBIGuy
Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
This almost works.  When I import a file from AutoCADLT almost all items import properly but it is missing a few things.  Most important are not all annotations are imported. Anything with the text and arrows do not come over. Also, I have a block reference that does import BUT it is missing a series of lines.  In this case it is a side view of a Line Array. Everything appears to be there except the front lines making up the front speaker edge. also missing are circles representing hole in the rigging grid. Not good as I do not want to re-draw after importing and also afraid I will miss something not detected on the drawing.  I did update from the last updated posted on Jan 6th.

Please Help. Drawings are due!

Thanks,

Bill
Edited 9 Years Ago by DBIGuy
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for your post.

If any of the objects in the DWG are 3D objects they will not be imported into Stardraw Design 7.1 (which is a 2D application).

However, it sounds like everything is 2D in the source file so you could try, in AutoCAD, select ALL, then EXPLODE, then PURGE.  This breaks compound objects into their basic components and usually resolves any import issues.  Sometimes it is necessary to EXPLODE and PURGE more than once.

If you're unable to get acceptable results from the file, please feel free to email it to techsupport@stardraw.com and we will be happy to take a look.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
DBIGuy
DBIGuy
Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)Supreme Being (2.3K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Thanks I will try that.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...