User Defined Project/Sheet Fields

Author
sspringer
Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Looking for the ability to have some fields available in the Project Details and Title Block (on a per drawing basis).  These might look like 'User Field 1:, User Field 2:' etc and would be imported by something like [Project/User Field 1].  This would extend to the individual sheets as well.   This would allow user defined options (for example, we add our project manager's name to the drawings, etc.).
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Shane,

Thanks for your post - understood.  This is not the first request for functionality of this type, but I have a question ( a few, really): how many fields would be sufficient for the Project, and how many for a Drawing?  Is "User Field 1", "User Field 2" etc. sufficient as a naming convention or would it be nice to have, or critical to have, the ability to name the field yourself? 

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
sspringer
sspringer
Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)Supreme Being (1.7K reputation)
Configurable names on those fields would be nice, but in no way mission critical for my application. You could do as many as 5 or as few as 3? 5 would probably be a good pilot number for people to try.  As to the actual nomenclature of the dynamic field, I use it solely in title blocks so would set it once and never touch it again.  Length is not an issue for me.

I'm sure that it could expand in the future if the demand were there.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Andrew Wallace
Andrew Wallace
Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)Supreme Being (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I also vote for this functionality.
sspringer
sspringer
Hey Rob

Still very much looking for this functionality.  This has become even more important to us as our team has grown.  We are now looking at this feature for utilizing a drawing changelog to be displayed in the title block.  This is a pretty standard industry practice and is very difficult when the titleblock may change size and cause us to have to reformat.  Putting it in a textbox in the body of the sheet doesn't really look as professional.

Thanks for your help
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (371K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Shane,

Noted - thanks.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected