Report Request or clarification

Author
william_bo
Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)Supreme Being (242 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
When putting a drawing together I have to include a lot of existing equipment that are not part of my deliverable but needed for obvious clarification purposes. When I run the standard report, (without having to export) the report includes all elements I've included in the drawing. Is there simple way to identify components that should not be included in the reports Simple example I'm drawing an DSP with amplifiers and EXISTING ceiling speakers.I am not providing the ceiling speakers but how do I keep them out of my standard reports. Perhaps a qualifier in the attributes of the product would resolve this. Maybe the software does it and I can't figure it out. I just don't want to have to export every time and doe house keeping. thank you.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Reports will show any Product Instance in the project; there is no simple way to 'turn off' reporting for any particular Product Instance.

Symbols of products in your drawings are a representation of the Product Instances, but in your case you simply want to show how something looks; it's not, strictly speaking, a reflection of a product instance in your project. So what you want is a symbol that is 'divorced' from a Product Instance.

One way to do this would be to follow this procedure:

1. Drag in the product symbol (this will create a Product Instance in the project)
  2. Copy the symbol (Ctrl+C)
  3. Rightclick and choose Paste to Current Layer. (This creates a new symbol that is a collection of graphical objects, but is not associated with any Product Instance)
  4. Delete the original symbol and Product Instance (in the drawing press Shift+Delete to remove the Product Instance)
This will give you a graphic of a product without a reference to a Product Instance, and so there's nothing to report on.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...