Snap to grid works bad with alot of symbols

Author
Mindspace
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have a problem with symbols connectionpoints that do not match the snap to grid.
If you have to adjust a line it's impossible to get straight lines...

Is there a way round that?

Kenneth Edlund

Project Manager & System Sales

Mindspace Group AB
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
All connection stubs are designed to sit on gridpoints.

In some cases, though, for example in Pictorial Schematics, some IO stubs are halfway between gridpoints. In these cases you can still work with Snap to Grid by using the Properties Grid (on the right of your screen) to change Grid | Number of Snaps | Y to 2. This will allow you to snap vertically on gridpoints and hallway between gridpoints.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Mindspace
Mindspace
Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)Supreme Being (1.4K reputation)
I have the problem even on block schematics. Is it possible to make a UDP an adjust it to on the snaps?How do I make i correct when I make my own UDP's?

Kenneth Edlund

Mindspace Group AB
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Rightclick on the UDP in the product Browser and choose Edit Symbols - this opens the freeform Symbol Editor where you can make any changes you want. Remember to save changes when you exit Symbol Edit mode.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Mindspace
Mindspace
Ok, I understand how to edit an UDP but how do I ensure that the nodes are on a snap point in the symbol editor?

Kenneth Edlund

Mindspace Group AB
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Connection points (nodes) are created dynamically when a symbol is inserted into a document.

The connection point is created where the end of an IO stub meets the outline of the symbol (the red rectangle).

In the Symbol Editor in the Block Schematic tab, the default grid size is 2.5mm, to match the grid size of Block Schematic drawings. Do not alter this grid size.

So, as long as your IO stub meets the outline on a grid point in the Symbol Editor mode, it will create a connection point on a gridpoint when the symbol is inserted into a document.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Edited 11 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...