SD7 freezes on Panel Layout

Author
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Rob

Thanks for your reply. Very strange as I can confirm that subscription and syncs are all up-to-date and all connectors were taken from the SD7 library. I have gone through the forum and have found a similar problem with panel layout freezing. Post recommended to delete the clearance layer, so I did and I could continue working.

This morning I have loaded your file and selected the Neutrik NC3FD-L-1 from the library. SD7 started freezing again, deleted the symbol and selected same symbol once again from the library without any problems. Actually loaded another dozen connectors of the same type without any problems.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
It looks like one of the connectors in the 'freezing' drawing is somehow bad. It's the Neutrik NC3FD-L-1 beneath the label "LEFT", and it was clearly wrong because if selected the selection handles encompassed an enormous, apparently (but not actually) empty space, and if you zoomed to document the visible drawing was in the bottom left, with the bad connector taking up the rest.

I have deleted the bad connector symbol and all now seems well. See attached.

Please ensure that your libraries are synchronized - i.e. that you have a current subscription - so that you are using the latest symbol data.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Attachments
Rack panels (Stardraw).rar (390 views, 347.00 KB)
Edited 11 Years Ago by Rob Robinson
Genaudio
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not sure what's happening but I am trying to design some simple panel drawings with a couple of connectors. SD7 is freezing for no reason at all. Started a new file, loaded 2 panels and 2 XLR's and same. Restarted PC but either stuck or SD7 "not responding". Loaded a much more complex file with a schematic and a rack layout without any problems, seems the Panel Layout is to blame. Both files are attached.

Any help please?
Attachments
Panels.rar (394 views, 419.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...