Print drawing on multiple sheets of paper (strech print out)

Author
zuk123
Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)Supreme Being (10K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Even with a really big printer, if you put typical amounts of symbols on one page you will find the text very small.... like 4 pt small. Even at D size this is a readability issue.

Here is what you can do to see for yourself and tile output.

Download and install a pdf printer if you don't already have one. There are recommendations on this forum, but CutePDF and PDFCreator both work.

Print to PDFCreator with the paper set to a larger sheet size. (both in SD7 and in PDFCreator.)

Open the resulting pdf file, and print it from your pdf READER to your actual printer, telling the reader to TILE pages, with no scaling.

This should give you a bunch of A sized sheets to tape together to get the bigger sheet.

OR

If you can read the little tiny print (I/O labels, cable labels) but the lines are too thin, you can print to PDFCreator with a smaller page size, open the file in a pdf reader, and then print with SCALING set up to give you the size output sheet you want. (You can tile here too.) This will give you nice heavy lines and symbols without having to set line width for each cable line in SD.

OR

If your time isn't worth anything to you, and you've bought the CAD inport export module for SD, you can export to CAD and then change the font size MANUALLY in every single block and cable. (There may be a way in your cad software to set the overall text scaling for printed output. If there is, that would be faster than hand editing, and then all you would have to do is DECREASE the size of text in your title block so it doesn't end up huge.)

You might be able to tell that this is a major issue for me. At the moment it is THE major issue. After all, why have a drawing creation tool that doesn't create readable drawings?? Every contractor I've given SD drawings to had the same complaint-- can't read the text.

zuk
H.Ketting
H.Ketting
Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)
Rob, thank you for your response,

with this I think the use of SD7 is finished even before it realy started, for we can make drawings, but we cann't read them in the field................. Or we need to buy a realy big printer A0 A1 size.....
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thanks for your post. SD7 currently only supports printing to a single page and cannot 'tile' across multiple pages.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
H.Ketting
H.Ketting
Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)Supreme Being (1.1K reputation)
Hi,

my drawing has become "to big" to be printed on 1 sheet of paper (A3) and will not be readable at the same time.

Is it possible to strecht the print-out to be printed on, lets say, 4 sheets op A3, and be enlarged at the same time so we can read it again??

I've been poking around in Stardraw Design 7, but all I can find is print the drawing on max one sheet of A3 paper.

Thanks in advance
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...