SD7 Remote Desktop

Author
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Have searched the rest of the forum but none of the posts seem related to my problem. I leave the SD7 dongle in my office PC, but sometimes I need to work late at home on my laptop via windows remote desktop. Unfortunately SD7 says logged in, but behaves same as in demo mode without saving etc. Screen shots attached with the pop-up window on start-up and normal window showing the "signed in as" normally and save, save as etc etc.

Any help please? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Genaudio Remote Desktop.pdf (748 views, 452.00 KB)
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
The dongle-based security system views RDP as a potential threat so fails safe: multiple RDP clients accessing a single machine would infringe licensing. If you attempt to start Stardraw Design 7 via RDP, license privileges will be denied.

You must start the application locally and, having done so, you should be able to access the running program through an RDP client.

Therefore you could leave SD7 running on your machine or, as is recommended, keep the dongle with you to access the application on whichever local machine you wish to use.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
Genaudio
Genaudio
Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)Supreme Being (4.6K reputation)
Rob thanks for your reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong but RDP does not allow multiple users, neither can the local computer be used unless the remote machine is logged out. That leaves one single SD user as far as I am concerned.

Not keen to run around with the dongle. I have no idea how much is a spare dongle, but what hurts me most is knowing that I have to pay €75 worth of UPS delivery! Crazy and obviously the turn-around time.
Rob Robinson
Rob Robinson
Forum Administrator (374K reputation)
Group: Administrators
The issue is starting the program via a UDP session. Leave SD7 running on the host machine and all should be well.

Kind regards,
Rob Robinson
Stardraw.com
bengt
bengt
Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)Supreme Being (18K reputation)
Using TeamViewer instead of Rdp (or possible other non-rdp solution) is also a way to do it.
Its only Rdp that is the problem.
This is the only way I found to interactive start StardrawControl Server.exe on a rack-pc.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...